7 South Evans Station Road, Lemont Furnace, PA 15456

  • Hello and Welcome to

    North Union Township

North Union Township Weather

Weather Icon

Meeting Schedule

The Township Supervisors meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building.  The Supervisors ask that you notify the Township at least (3) working days prior to the meeting, if you have an item of official concern to discuss at the meeting.

Right to Know Request

Right to Know Officer:
Curtis Matthews
724-438-6316

PA Office of Open Records

News Latest News and Announcements

Uncategorized

**** ROAD CLOSURE ****

Road Closure for section of Rankin Airshaft Rd. Between Rolling Hills Estate Rd. and  Carr Rd. Beginning June 5, 2019 thru June 19, 2019....

June 11, 2019

Read More

Uncategorized

**** Road Closure ****

Fan Hollow Road will be closed until further notice due to a potential slide located near Route 43 overpass. Motorists are to use Old...

May 7, 2019

Read More

About North Union Township

The partition of Old Union Township in the present divisions of North Union and South Union was effected by an act of the legislative of Pennsylvania, approved March 11, 1851. The Township is bounded on the North by Franklin and Dunbar Townships; on the East by Dunbar and Wharton Townships, on the South and Southwest by the City of Uniontown and the Township of South Union, and on the West by the Township of Menallen.
 
The following is how several of the villages in North Union Township received their names: 
Bethelboro was founded in 1877 by the Bethel Presbyterian Chapel Congregation.
Coolspring was founded in 1816 by Thomas McKean. It was named for a spring of cool water at that place.
Cycle Park is a residential suburb of Uniontown. In 1895 it was used to stage bicycle races, thereby deriving its name. In 1910 it was developed by Areford Brothers for a residential section.
Evans Manor was founded in 1898 by J. K. Ewing, who was a coal operator. It was named for Evans Station on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
Hopwood is partly in North Union and partly in South Union Townships.  It was founded in 1791 by John Hopwood and named Woodstock. In 1816 it was renamed Monroe, for President Monroe who stopped there overnight. In 1882 the village was renamed Hopwood.